Within Colombian territory, passports are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Bogota or at Departmental Governments authorized for the purpose.
En el exterior a través de los Consulados acreditados, quienes son los únicos entes oficiales autorizados para expedir los pasaportes a los colombianos que necesitan ingresar al país o renovar este documento. En el exterior se expiden cinco (5) tipos de pasaportes con zona de lectura mecánica: Ordinario, Ejecutivo, de Emergencia, Fronterizo y Exento.
The requirements to apply for a passport and the costs and places where it can be issued are listed in the menu on the left side of your screen.
Nota: If you are Colombian with dual nationality, be sure to obtain your Colombian passport before you travel as the Colombian migration authorities will require you to present it when entering or leaving this country (Article 22 of Law 42 of 1993).
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs reserves the right to accept or process requests with documents in poor condition, illegible or with corrections.
- On receiving your passport, please check that the biographical details printed are correct. If there is any error or inconsistency on the data page, the holder will have a maximum of thirty (30) days as of the date on which he/she applied for the passport at the issuing office (date of issue) in which to request its replacement.
- Passport holders will have a maximum of six (6) months in which to claim their passport after it has been issued. If it is not claimed within this term, it will be annulled and the applicant will have to request and pay for a new passport.
- No changes or corrections of passports are allowed. In the case of a change or correction of the identity of the applicant, he/she must apply for a new passport at his/her own cost.
- No Colombian citizen may hold more than one valid Colombian passport, except when the applicant is authorized to receive an emergency passport.
To claim your passport
- Holders must attend personally with their original identity document and the voucher of the respective payment to claim their passport.
- Minors’ passports must be claimed by the father, mother, legal representative or proxy who accompanied them during the procedure and present the adult’s identity document and the respective payment receipt.